Alterations & Improvements

Tenants have the right to carry out certain alterations and improvements to their homes, for which they may receive compensation, when they end their tenancy. However, should you wish to carry out such work you must first receive written permission.

We will not refuse permission without good reason. Alternatively, approval may be given but certain conditions might apply i.e. materials to be used or standard of work.

We have information and a form available to anyone thinking of carrying out alterations and it is important to read this information before proceeding with any work.

Click here to download application form.

Click here to download the Alterations and Improvements Policy.

For you to qualify for compensation we must have approved the improvement and your tenancy must have ended.

Click here  for the Scottish Government's leaflet Right to Compensation for Improvements which provides a general guide.